- Strategic and tactical marketing plan
Format: 3000-word report
Note: All written assessments should be submitted as Word files (.docx) (Word is available from your AIB Office 365 account).
Write a 3000-word report. Focus on the target market segment identified in the first assessment. Develop a customer persona. Conduct a marketing mix analysis of the product (good or service) concerning the needs of the customer persona. Make recommendations concerning the marketing mix for that product, ensuring that the marketing mix aligns with the customer persona. Relevant environmental and social responsibility, ethical and legal implications must be considered when proposing strategies.
Referencing is Australian Harvard (AGPS) and outlined in the AIB Style Guide.
Note: Insert this summary description in Smarthinking. Submit your assessment for writing feedback from Smarthinking.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of contemporary marketing theory and practice. (LO#1)
- Apply innovative marketing approaches, techniques and ethical perspectives to recommend an evidence-based solution to the problem of capturing value from customers. (LO#3)
- Communicate marketing knowledge, skills and ideas to others in writing clearly, persuasively and credibly. (LO#4)
Based on various theories of marketing management as discussed in Modules 3-7 of the learning materials and using the same selected product (good or service) from the first assessment:
- Describe in detail one (only) data-driven customer persona (that should represent the target market segment identified in your first assessment).
- Conduct a marketing mix (7Ps) analysis of your selected product (good or service) and evaluate its effectiveness in addressing the needs of your customer persona;
- Provide justified marketing mix recommendations for your customer persona. The recommendations should be based on your evaluation of the current marketing mix, the recommended positioning and identifying gaps in addressing your customer persona’s needs. Discuss relevant environmental and social responsibility, ethical, and legal compliance considerations and implications that need to be considered when proposing these marketing mix recommendations for your customer persona.
- Use Modules 3-7 of the learning materials for guidance:
- This assessment requires you to use a minimum of six (6) contemporary academic sources in addition to your textbook. You may also use current company, industry, government and media sources to support your statements, but these will NOT count toward the minimum required credible academic sources for your assessment. Most web-based sources are not sufficiently rigorous and credible for use in academic assessments and will NOT count toward the minimum required credible academic sources for your assessment. For further guidance, refer to Scholarly, academic & peer-reviewed journals.
- You must appropriately acknowledge all sources of information in your assessment with the AIB Harvard author-date style of referencing – see the AIB Style Guide and Assessment Policy.
- This assessment is required to be presented as a formal report. It is not an essay or personal reflection. Use the Capstone Assessment Template provided to prepare your report. In terms of structure, presentation, and style:
- Please note that for this assessment, you can use in-text or footnoting referencing for your data-driven persona (no footnoting is allowed in this report beyond section 2 Target market persona). To create footnotes, please use the Microsoft Word settings or seek the guidance video on EndNote.
- use the AIB-preferred Microsoft Word settings as indicated in the AIB Style Guide.
- use the following report structure:
- Title page
- Executive summary
- Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Target market persona (only one, from secondary (desktop) data)
- 3. Marketing mix analysis and evaluation
- 4. Recommendations
- 5. Conclusion
- Appendices (if any)
- Organisational Consent (if required)
Your assessment will be marked according to the following grading criteria:
- Criterion 1: (20%)
- Depth of demonstrated understanding of contemporary marketing theory.
- Criterion 2: (25%)
- Illustration of the customer persona that is clearly aligned with the target market.
- Criterion 3: (25%)
- Critical appraisal of the marketing mix (all 7Ps) of a product (good or service) and evaluation of its effectiveness in addressing the needs of the customer persona.
- Criterion 4: (20%)
- Proposed justified recommendations based on the marketing mix (7Ps) analysis, recommended positioning and identified gaps for customer persona. Relevant environmental and social responsibility, ethical, and legal compliance considerations and implications discussed in relation to proposed marketing mix recommendations.
- Criterion 5: (5%)
- Criterion 6: (5%)
- Structure, communication style and language.