- Understand what contributes to an effective health and safety culture and climate in an organization.
- Understand reasons for the effective management of health and safety.
- Be able to review organizational structures and practices relating to health and safety.
Carry out a detailed analysis that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of health and safety culture and how it is reflected across your organization.
- Discuss the meaning of ‘health and safety culture and ‘health and safety climate’.
- Analyze how organizational culture interlinks with health and safety culture.
- Assess the main differences between traditional and proactive safety management models.
- Critically analyze how the perception of risk can affect health and safety in an organization.
Write an essay that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of the reasons for ensuring the effective management of health and safety across your organization.
- Critically evaluate the moral, legal, and economic reasons for the effective
management of health and safety.
- Evaluate the reasons for managing a health and safety management system.
- Explain the principles and content of an effective health and safety management system including the reasons for integration with other management systems.
- Outline the importance of competence in both individuals and the organization and its effect on safety performance.