|Qualification Code/Title||SIT40516 Certificate IV In Commercial Cookery|
|Assessment Type||Assessment – 4||Time allowed|
|Due Date||Location||Term / Year|
|Unit of Competency|
|National Code/Title||BSBSUS401 – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practice|
|Student Name||Student ID|
|Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source.||Signature: ____________________________
|RESULTS (Please Circle)||☐SATISFACTORY||☐NOT SATISFACTORY|
|Feedback to student:
|*If Student is Not Satisfactory
Reassessment Required ☐ Yes ☐ No
|Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback.
|Instructions to the Candidates
v This assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given below in this document.
v Should you not answer the tasks correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and gaps in knowledge. You will be entitled to one (1) resubmit in showing your competence with this unit.
v If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
v Please refer to the College re-submission and re-sit policy for more information.
v If you have questions and other concerns that may affect your performance in the Assessment, please inform the assessor immediately.
v Please read the Tasks carefully then complete all Tasks.
v To be deemed competent for this unit you must achieve a satisfactory result with tasks of this Assessment along with a satisfactory result for another Assessment.
v This is an Open book assessment which you will do in your own time but complete in the time designated by your assessor. Remember, that it must be your own work and if you use other sources then you must reference these appropriately
v Submitted document must follow the given criteria. Font must be Times New Roman, Font size need to be 12, line spacing has to be Single line and Footer of submitted document must include Student ID, Student Name and Page Number. Document must be printed double sided.
v This is Individual Assessments. Once you have completed the assessment, please provide the Hard copy of the Assessments to your Trainer/ Assessor.
v Plagiarism is copying someone else’s work and submitting it as your own. Any Plagiarism will result in a mark of Not Satisfactory. SCCM uses Safe Assign Plagiarism Checker to check the originality of the student assessment. Student must be aware of and understand the SCCM’s policy on plagiarism and certify that this assignment is their own work, except where indicated by referencing, and that student have followed the good academic practices noted above..
|Assessment Task 4: Sustainability activities review|
You are required to report on outcomes of the implementation of your Sustainability Improvement Report by analysing data provided.
This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in the RTO.
- Access to textbooks and other learning materials
- Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access
- Survey Results
- Sustainability Implementation Report Template
Your assessor will advise you of the due date of these submissions.
- Email with Sustainability Implementation Report attached
- Email outlining reward system with Sustainability Implementation Report attached
For your performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, you must satisfactorily address all of the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed, you will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence.
You will be provided feedback on their performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the assessment.
|Assessment Task 4 Instructions|
Carefully read the following:
|Assume that the Sustainability Improvement Report you developed has been implemented, as well as findings from sustainability inspections and reports in other areas of the resort. Sustainability initiatives that have been implemented include:
· Energy audit and all recommendations implemented including signage about energy use (e.g. switch off lights at night, turn down brightness, turn off taps)
· Recycling policy introduced, and three more recycling bins introduced.
· Green purchasing policy developed (on staff intranet, email sent to staff to advise).
· Green transport policy developed and implemented (on staff intranet, email sent to staff to advise).
Assume also the following sustainability targets:
· Reduce electricity consumption by 20% within six months.
· Promote awareness of sustainability initiatives amongst all staff members
A staff survey (results provided in Survey Results), as well as an energy audit have been undertaken.
The results of the energy audit are as follows:
· Replaced halogen downlights with energy efficient downlights and transformers.
· Connected to natural gas, converting to an energy source with one-third of the greenhouse gas emissions of electricity from coal
· Replace electric storage hot water heater with instant solar hot water
· Replaced air conditioner with a more efficient inverter unit.
· All of the interventions cost a total of $4,800.
Prior to energy audit:
· Annual energy bill: $2,415 a year
· Annual greenhouse emissions: 18 tonnes a year
Six months later:
· Annual energy bill: $2,275 a year
· Annual greenhouse emissions: 14.3 tonnes a year
One year later:
· Annual energy bill: $1,800 a year
· Annual greenhouse emissions: 10.2 tonnes a year
Note: Four new staff members were employed in the last six months may account for increase. Energy targets were not adjusted to account for the new staff.
Complete the following activities:
- Develop a sustainability implementation report
|You are required to review the results of the staff survey and the energy statistics provided.
Based on your review, develop a short report that outlines:
· Analysis of staff survey results and achievements against targets
· Analysis of energy audit data and achievements against targets
· Recommendations for additional actions that need to be taken based on the data above.
· Recommend new efficiency targets
· Summary of the success of the sustainability policy and procedures based on analysis.
· Updates to the company’s Sustainability Policy and Procedures to account for recommended improvements.
Use the Sustainability Implementation Report Template to guide your work.
- Send an email to stakeholders (your assessor).
|The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
The email text should briefly explain the purpose and contents of the report and promote the strategies that have proven to be successful.
Attach your Sustainability Implementation Report to the email
- Send an email to your team (your assessor).
|You have been given permission to implement a system that rewards individuals, or the whole team, when sustainability targets have been reached. The rewards should cost no more than $200 per year for each area of the Blue Healer.
Consider what rewards could be appropriate for your work team and describe these to your team. Inform the team whether they have earned the reward(s) based on the evaluations you made in your Sustainability Implementation Report.
The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
Attach your Sustainability Implementation Report to the email
Assessment Task 4 Checklist
|Did the student:||Satisfactory performance||Comments|
|Use the Sustainability Implementation Report Template to evaluate and monitor the success of the company’s sustainability improvement interventions?|
|Document sustainability outcomes for the company?|
|Rd report on the company’s achievement of efficiency targets?|
|Communicate the company’s sustainability outcomes to key personnel and other stakeholders?|
|Evaluate the success of their sustainability improvement strategies and plans?|
|Set new efficiency targets for the company?|
|Apply new tools and strategies by suggesting changes to the company’s Sustainability Policy and Procedures?|
|Promote successful sustainability strategies and reward their team members where possible|
|Task Outcome:||Satisfactory ¨||Not Satisfactory ¨|