The case study for this assignment is the development of a new community garden in the town of Ashford, England. The garden will be located in a vacant lot on the corner of Main Street and Elm Street. The garden will be open to all members of the community and will provide a place for people to relax, exercise, and grow their own food.
The project team for the community garden consists of five people. The project manager is responsible for overall project planning and control. The landscape architect is responsible for designing the garden. The contractor is responsible for building the garden. The volunteers are responsible for maintaining the garden.
The first step in project planning is to define the project scope. The project scope defines the work that will be included in the project. The project scope statement for the community garden is as follows:
- The garden will be located on a vacant lot on the corner of Main Street and Elm Street.
- The garden will be open to all members of the community.
- The garden will be a place for people to relax, exercise, and grow their own food.
- The garden will be built using sustainable materials.
- The garden will be maintained by volunteers.
The project schedule for the community garden is as follows:
- Task 1: Acquire land (2 weeks)
- Task 2: Design garden (4 weeks)
- Task 3: Build garden (12 weeks)
- Task 4: Plant garden (4 weeks)
- Task 5: Open garden to public (2 weeks)
In addition to the information provided above, here are some additional details about the case study:
- The project is being funded by a local government grant.
- The project is expected to take 18 months to complete. The project start date is 01 February 202
- The project has a budget of £100,000.
- The project is expected to beneft the community by providing a place for people to relax, exercise, and grow their own food.
Using Microsoft Project for Questions 1, 3 and 4;
- Create a project schedule, cost, allocate resources. Ensure that the dependencies are established, make sure a Start to Start relationship is used in this project. Decompose the activities if necessary. State all assumptions made. (25 Marks)
- Create a quantitative project risk management plan with at least 5 risks. How will this affect the project cost? How should the Project Manager manage the risk cost?(25 Marks)
- You are 6 months into the project, but are currently 2 weeks behind schedule. What is the current cost variance on this project? Show that tracking has taken place.(25 Marks)
- Create a new copy of the standard calendar (perhaps called by your name) and allocate it as the default calendar for your project. It should include the following dates, where relevant, as non working days: