1. History and Social Policy of Safeguarding
2. Legal Influences
3. Classifications of abuse and Types of Abuse 4. Advocacy 5. Multi-Agency Collaboration 6. Research/Evidence/Theory 7. Staff Care: supervision and Support INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
1. Critically appraise the historical, legal and political influences and resultant policies and guidance in relation to safeguarding and protection.
2. Discuss their role within a multi-disciplinary team in the safeguarding arena.
3. Critically discuss the importance of contemporaneous record keeping.
4. Reflect on the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safeguarding interventions.