VICTORIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Master Of Information Technology & Systems
BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
ASSIGNMENT – PROJECT BASED
SUBMITTED TO: Dr. George Huang
SUBMITTED BY: Ajay Dutt (53018)
Komalpreet Kaur (52835)
Hardeep Kaur (52829)
IT CONFIGURATION PLAN
IT plan configuration for the system to achieve organisation goals such as fund raising and retaining Donors along with strengthened communication between Patients, Doctors and Researchers is as follows.
The IT configuration will include below components: –
- SOFTWARE: Salesforce is one of the best cloud-based CRM software available in market to support non-profit organisations as it streamlines the organisational goals along with functions and works on real-time basis in projects, fundraising campaigns. The medical database and Donor management program integration helps in retaining existing Donors, attract new donors by sharing information on how and where the funds raised has been spent, strengthening emotional connections between donors and organisation.
- Data: All the Data information about Donors, Patients, Doctors, and Researchers will be stored in databases. It will be made accessible to be updated and shared for Fund raising campaigns. Project details and organisation strategies will be shared to connect with Donors.
- Main Functions:
- Easily customizable to change required fields as per organisational needs.
- Cloud based solutions for flexible and secure infrastructure for Donors.
- Efficient and accurate reporting on real time basis for better decision making.
- Open API integration helps in mapping organisation processes more effectively on salesforce.
- Accessible via Mobile application.
- Salesforce Philanthropy cloud to reach Salesforce users across the world.
- Data Processes: The most important data processes included will be as follows: –
- Donations made from Donors will be processed via Donor management into funds raised and funds provided to patients for support.
- Updated reporting on patients’ health records, requirements and new researched products between Doctors and Researchers to strengthen the communication and achieve organisational goal.
- Sharing information with Donors regarding the donations expenditure to connect on a deeper level.
- HARDWARE: Hardware requirements for setting up Salesforce CRM will be as follows:
Recommended Hardware requirements for stable and fast processing:
- Octane 2.0 score greater than or equals to 30,000
- STORAGE: 3 GB RAM availability only for Salesforce browser tabs and 8GB RAM as for whole system.
- SPEED: 3 Mbps or greater download speed.
- Network latency should be less than or equals to 150 ms.
Whereas Minimum requirements to Support Salesforce are:
- Octane 2.0 score greater than or equals to 20,000
- STORAGE: 2 GB RAM availability only for Salesforce browser tabs and 5 GB RAM as for whole system.
- SPEED: 1 Mbps or greater download speed.
- Network latency should be less than or equals to 200 ms.
- Salesforce platform provides trusted, multitenant network cloud including various parts such as data services, artificial intelligence and APIs for development.
Figure 1. Transformational Architecture Model of Salesforce
Transformational architecture model focuses on the vision and monitors the various operating system, web applications, networking management, planning model for non-profit organisations and collecting database records, data resources etc.
- WEB AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
Salesforce interconnects Web pages and mobile applications to a unified infrastructure and provides easy access to Donors, patients, and Doctors to speed up communication and update the databases on real time basis for efficient reporting.
- Organization can connect with donors via emails, chat boxes and mobile applications to send gifts and invite Donors’ families for upcoming events.
- App exchange helps to extend the reach with apps for ticketing screening.
- Donation payments and funds expenditure can be easily made categorized into Debits/Credits so it can be easily passed to Accounting and Finance teams.
- Mobile Devices supported:
- CRM for iOS: Apple devices with iOS 10 or later.
- CRM for Androids: Android devices with Android 5 or later.
- Salesforce is a very secure platform that consists of 3 security tools – Shield platform encryption, Real time event monitoring and field audit trail that provides the database information and extra layer of security protection by maintaining functionality of critical platform.
- Salesforce data security model helps in protecting data at various levels such as:
- Organization level – Restricts IP address
- Object level – Access permissions
- Record level – Monitors customer data records
- Field level – monitors Users access to field
- HOW THE CONFIGURATION SUPPORTS THE ORGANIZATION
The configuration plan will help to achieve the organizational goals by bringing and connecting all the Donors, Doctors, Patients, Researchers, and employees at one single platform. It will also provide a convenient way to raise, manage funds as well as help in strengthening collaboration between external and internal entities. It will provide Data management services on real time basis and track performance of campaigns and update strategies. The salesforce architect will provide a secure network for sensitive data information along with easy accessibility via Web and mobile applications. Salesforce will help in Brand awareness as it runs multiple campaigns based on locations, budget, and time.
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM
- DFD Explanation: The “flow” of data between different Entities and processes for Sales Force for the project is described in the below DFD (Data Floe Diagram) figure. The data transformation from input to output via different processes in project development are being covered.
The project consists of DFD levels 0 and 1 that defines the whole system including Entities, data stores, processes, and the flow of data.
- DFD context diagram (Level 0): As shown in the fig.1.1, the DFD context diagram shows the interaction between CRM Sales force and the different entities i.e., donors, patients, doctors, researchers, admin, and finance at a high level. It gives an overview of the sharing of data between these entities and system. It introduces the project in a general way but depicts the main entities included and their flow with the system.
Fig. 1.1 (DFD 0-level)
- DFD diagram (Level 1 – Collaboration between Patients, Doctors, and Researchers): Level 1 DFD shows the “Detonated view” of the diagram. It clearly shows the flow of data between Entities, data stores and the processes. The function of DFD level 1 is to convey and explain the transformation of data in a deeper manner.
As shown in the fig.1.2, The 4 major processes being covered are donation information management, patient information management, finance management and administration management.
The data starts flowing from charity events, social advertisements, and volunteer donors along with patients and doctors/researchers. Then the transactions are catered by the system and all the information is processed via different departments and flow to data stores. The donation information is saved in finance department and doctors, patients and researchers data are handled by admin department. The required information is processed and flows to cater the collaboration between patients, doctors, and researchers to achieve the organization goal.
Fig. 1.2 (Level-1, Collaboration between Doctors, Patients, and Researchers)
- DFD diagram (Level 1 – Fund raising for patients): Fig 1.3 below also shows the higher abstract and a broader view of data flow between Donors and system to assist in fund raising and Donors management. It shows how the Donor’s information will flow to keep their records and donation details. The data then flow from Admin department to finance, where transactions data will be managed and the receipts for confirmation will be sent back to donors. The patient’s data will be processed by patient info management where data will flow to Finance so they can process and record the funds received and used with patient’s details and report to Admin department with their account details.
Fig. 1.3 (Level-1, Fund raising for patients)
- Help and training community. (n.d.). Salesforce.com. Retrieved November 27, 2022, from https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.bi_requirements.htm&type=5
- Lynch, A. (n.d.). Data flow diagram (DFD) symbols – EdrawMax. Edrawsoft. Retrieved November 27, 2022, from https://www.edrawsoft.com/data-flow-diagram-symbols.html
- Mazalon, L. (2021, February 3). Guide to 5 types of Salesforce Architects. Salesforce Ben. https://www.salesforceben.com/guide-to-5-types-of-salesforce-architects/
- (2021, May 12). Salesforce For Nonprofits – How Salesforce can help? Metaoups; Metaoups Technology Pvt. Ltd. https://metaoups.com/salesforce-for-nonprofits-how-salesforce-can-help/
- Meyers, S. (2019, March 7). What is the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud? Rolustech. https://www.rolustech.com/blog/what-is-salesforce-philanthropy-cloud
- Understand the Salesforce Architecture. (n.d.). Salesforce.com. Retrieved November 27, 2022, from https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/starting_force_com/starting_understanding_arch
- [WATCH] Nonprofit Cloud fundraising & marketing demo. (2020, April 28). Salesforce.org. https://www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/fundraising-marketing-demo/?leadcreated=true&redirect=true&sfuuid=fe68174f-11b4-4cca-82e8-03691f0e1b99&d=70130000000sUVq&nc=7013y000002K8CRAA0